Refurbished and Remanufactured Compressors: Know the Difference
Many contractors interchange the terms refurbished and remanufactured. There is, however, a considerable distinction between the two. A refurbished compressor solves the observable issue and only replaces parts that are worn out or no longer functional. Even if a part stops operating in the near future, producing an issue with the compressor, it will not be changed until it is absolutely useless. A remanufactured compressor, on the other hand, is rebuilt to the most recent OEM Spec. It deals with not just the obvious issues, but also the underlying complexities. All parts, including those that are still functional or old, are replaced to match the most recent manufacturing specifications for a brand-new compressor. Remanufactured compressors are dismantled, cleaned, gauged, and tested to ensure that all parts are up to date and fulfil UL certification.
Here are the top three reasons why a remanufactured compressor is preferable than a rebuilt/refurbished compressor.
A refurbished compressor may have new, used, and worn-out parts. If a part is worn but still meets the rebuilder’s typical wear standard, it will not be replaced. For maximum performance, many rebuilders employ a single gasket thickness regardless of the specification. A remanufactured compressor, on the other hand, guarantees that you will receive a compressor that fulfils the most recent standards of a brand-new compressor. It has been demolished in order to discover and repair any faults that are not obvious. All remanufactured compressors are UL approved and come with the same guarantee as new versions. Over 500 components have been replaced or updated!
As a contractor, your personal and corporate creditability are critical to boosting your image and gaining repeat business. Homeowners and consumers look to you as industry professionals and want to know that you will meet all of their HVAC demands using OEM certified components. The ability to provide your consumers peace of mind by assuring them that their difficulties will be resolved will greatly benefit your reputation and goodwill. As a contractor, you must utilize a certified remanufactured compressor to do this. Remanufactured compressors are reliable, operate well, and are safe. It also reduces the likelihood of future system failures, costly client call-backs, and installation headaches.
Extensive process and checks
A remanufactured compressor has all worn or broken parts rebuilt down to the core, making it basically a brand new compressor. As an example, below is the procedure followed by all Certified semi-hermetic compressors.
- Completely dismantled – When Emerson receives compressors through buy back and salvage programs, they are totally dismantled in order to be replaced and updated with modern parts. Oil check valves, name plates, oil pickup tubes, piston rod assemblies, seals, and bearings are all included.
- Professionally Cleaned – All parts are carefully cleaned after disassembly to eliminate any chemical residue.
- Refinement of parts – To avoid future difficulties, all worn out parts are examined thoroughly before being reused or replaced. Parts that do not satisfy the most recent engineering specifications are replaced with new or requalified components.
- Installation – Before being installed in the remanufactured compressor, all components are identified and inspected. The portion that would go into a remanufactured compressor is highlighted in each assembly station so the technician may readily identify the needed components, reducing the chance of putting the wrong piece into the compressor. If an improper part is selected, the assembly will come to a halt and the technician will be unable to continue the procedure.
- Renovated – Compressors are then repainted in an auto paint facility to provide consistent colour coverage and to keep them from rusting.
- Final Checks – Compressors are extensively tested at the conclusion of the process for electrical and mechanical performance verification. Both new and refurbished compressors are packed and transported to OEMs in the same line!
As we can see from the above extensive process and checks are followed in remanufacturing of commercial compressor making it as good as a new one. Remanufactured compressors add huge value for a business as it saves money and provides expectational performance.
JEC is a major supplier of remanufactured compressors and high quality compressor spares. JEC has helped clients all over the world save money by supplying energy-efficient, cost-effective, and high-performance remanufactured commercial compressors. Call +91 98210 20375 or +91 22 675 86605/06/07 to place an order. You may also email [email protected] or [email protected], or use the website’s contact form.